Our residency program only accepts candidates who are graduates of CAMPEP accredited medical physics graduate education programs to ensure that all graduate and undergraduate physics course requirements are met. An individual with a doctoral degree in physics or a related discipline must complete a certificate program of didactic coursework offered by a CAMPEP-accredited graduate program prior to applying for the residency. All required didactic components are described in the American Association of Physicists in Medicine TG Report #197 (Academic Program Recommendations for Graduate Degrees in Medical Physics).
- Allegheny Health Network is participating in the 2021 MedPhys MATCH Program. All applicants must be registered through the Medical Physics Matching Program. Once applicants are registered through MedPhys Match, applications must be submitted through the AAPM Medical Physics Residency Application Program (MP-RAP), including a CV and 3 reference letters.
- Applications must be received by January 15 for a start date of July 1 of the same year.
- For 2021, the interview format will go fully virtual due to the restrictions imposed by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Candidates for the first round of video-chat style interviews (30-mins) will be contacted within five business days following the application deadline. These interviews will be scheduled for the week of January 25-29, 2021.
- The second round of video-chat interviews will take place on February 26 and March 1. Interviewees will need to be available between 2:00 - 7:00 PM. This replaces the traditional on-site visit. Candidates selected for the second round will be contacted the first week of February. A detailed interview schedule will be sent to second round invitees by February 5.
- For more information or general enquiries, please contact the Medical Physics Residency Program at medphysresidency@AHN.org.