Pediatric Five Alive
This course is designed for Pediatric nurses and medical students to enhance their ability to correctly identify a code situation in the Pediatric patient and to initiate the proper emergency response. Pediatricians are involved in the course and give orders for airway management, medication administration, cardioversion, defibrillation and other Pediatric resuscitation measures as indicated.
- Recognize a declining health status in the Pediatric patient that may require emergency intervention
- Identify code situation and initiate emergency response as per hospital policy
- Perform appropriate interventions both before and after the Pediatric Code Team/Pediatrician arrives
- Demonstrate proper techniques of basic life support in a timely and effective manner
- Provide effective communication to all responders
- Complete accurate documentation
Upon completion of this course, participants will provide safe, effective Pediatric resuscitation care both before and after the Pediatric Code Team/Pediatrician arrives. This will be achieved through mock scenarios, debriefing sessions following the scenarios and pre/post surveys.