Blended learning courses (online and onsite)
Contact the STAR Center to register for one of these courses at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412 578-7827.
- Central Line Training
- Fire in the OR
- Hand off Communication Don’t Drop the Ball
- Intravenous Catheter Insertion
- Introduction to LapMentor
- Medication Safety
- Mock Anesthesia/ OR Set Up/ Gas Machine Check/ IV Insertion Lab
- Orthopedic Intern Simulation Conference
- Pain Institute Simulated Emergencies
- Patient Safety: One Room At a Time
- Periop 101
- Simulation OnBoarding Series
- STARTS Course
- Prebriefing and Debriefing 3.0
- Realism in Simulation
- Scenario Development Series
This course immerses learners in experiential simulated leadership rounding scenarios in a virtual clinical setting. Learners will gain an understanding of how purposeful leadership rounding can positively impact our organization and enhance safety, quality and customer service. This interactive course will provide a series of realistic patient-centered scenarios that will validate the learners’ ability to effectively communicate and deal with complex healthcare issues.
- Discuss ways to improve communication and leadership skills with patients/families and staff members using Allegheny Health Network Core Behaviors.
- Identify experiences encountered by a patient during hospitalization through active participation in simulated clinical experiences.
- Identify the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to participate in a live interactive simulated scenario of a leadership rounding experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to actively debrief using good judgement in a structured debriefing process.
At the end of this session learners will:
- Gain a perspective on what a patient experiences during a hospital admission.
- Identify the positive impact leadership rounding has on an organization.
- Effectively critique a simulated leadership rounding scenario through structured debriefing.
- Utilize effective communication skills to facilitate leadership rounding in a virtual clinical setting.
- Review of research article (will be sending citation) based on best practices associated with leadership rounding.
- Administer an online learning needs assessment to each participant to gain perspective into what leadership rounding means to them.
- Data from the online learning needs assessment will be used to create customized simulated scenarios based on learners’ perspectives.
Curriculum of Live Session at STAR Center- 4 hour session with dates and times to be determined
Throughout the leadership rounding course, the learner will be immersed into interactive simulations.
- Pre survey
- Introduction to simulation
- A Day in My Life: Experiences of Patients/Families and Staff
- Observe and analyze live leadership rounding scenarios.
- Structured debriefing of live events facilitated by a STAR Center Education Specialists.
Simulated leadership rounding scenario in the virtual hospital setting.
- Group debriefing of the simulated leadership rounds.
- Post survey
- Questions and answer sessions