By the end of the course, students should be able to demonstrate:
- Appropriate anesthesia gas machine check-out according to FDA standards
- Standard drug and room setup
- The proper sequence of pre-induction and induction phases of anesthesia
- The appropriate IV insertion technique on the virtual IV trainer and on a peer
Upon completion of this course, the learner will:
- Demonstrate proper setup of operating room for safe anesthesia induction.
- Understand the proper sequence of anesthesia during the prediction and induction phases.