Pain Institute Simulated Emergencies
This course is for interprofessional team members working in an outpatient pain center. They participate in simulated scenarios to provide opportunities to accurately assess and intervene with appropriate measures in an emergency situation. Team work, delegation, and effective communication skills are stressed.
- Review crisis intervention skills
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and effectively manage possible complications related to interventional pain management
- Demonstrate the ability to apply leadership, teamwork, and delegation skills
Upon completion of this course, the learner will:
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a patient experiencing complications related to pain management interventions.
- Demonstrate leadership skills necessary to lead interprofessional team during a crisis situation.
- Interprofessional team members working in a pain center