Emergency Nurse Course
The Comprehensive Emergency Nursing Course is designed to provide the emergency room nurse with knowledge and skill practice in a myriad of disease complications and injury anomalies. In addition, topics focusing on vascular access placement and complications, drug calculations and administration, and basic work flow management are addressed.
- Discuss basic principles of emergency care
- Describe categories of triage
- List the appropriate emergency drugs
- Communicate effectively with patients and their families, and other colleagues
- Demonstrate proper management of critically ill patients within the emergency department
- Apply the concepts of physical assessment, triage, and prioritization in order to properly manage work flows