This course addresses the techniques used in the delivery of an infant with shoulder dystocia and when to call for additional support.
- Review the basic and more advanced maneuvers to reduce shoulder dystocia
- Review proper documentation of a delivery complicated by shoulder dystocia
- List risk factors for shoulder dystocia
- Communicate procedural steps that should be performed when this complication occurs
- Demonstrate proper technique to relieve shoulder dystocia
- Obstetrics/Gynecology residents