The hand fellowship program no longer accepts documents in paper form for the application process. We utilize the ASSH’s (American Society for Surgery of the Hand) online fellowship application platform only. This does not replace the match process through the NRMP. The hand surgery matching lists and process will continue to be managed through NRMP.
Along with the standardized application, attachments or links to the following documents must be included:
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which should be from your residency program director or chairman
- One applicant short evaluation form to be completed by one of your letter writers
- USMLE or COMLEX transcripts (copies are accepted)
- If you are a graduate of a foreign medical school, your application must also include:
- J-1 visa (H-1B visa candidates are not sponsored)
- ECFMG certification
The application deadline is November 15. Once the application is received, our committee reviews the application and applies specific criteria to determine which applicants are offered interviews. Interviews will be held on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 and Sunday, January 24, 2021.