We recruit trainees to our one-year ACGME accredited Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology training program (AHFTC) through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All applicants will be expected to complete the application process through the Electronic Residency Application Service® (ERAS®). Guidelines for submission can be found on the ERAS website.
The following documents should be submitted by the candidates prior to be considered for an interview:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Green Card Status (if applicable)
- USMLE Scores (MDs): Steps 1 and 2; Step 3
- COMLEX Scores (DOs): Levels 1, 2 and 3
- Letters of Recommendation: 3 letters, including a letter from your General Cardiology Fellowship Program Director
- Visa Requirements: The program accepts applicants with J-1 visa and Permanent Resident (Green Card) status. Allegheny General Hospital does not sponsor applicants with H1B visa status.
Applications will not be considered complete until all of the above-listed documents have been submitted electronically via ERAS.
Candidates selected for interview will be notified via email. Those candidates scheduled for an interview will meet with the program director and faculty of the AHFTC department within the Cardiovascular Institute.
AHFTC Programs post positions & Applicants can register
July 1, 2020
AHFTC Applicants apply to fellowship program
August 15, 2020
ERAS opens for programs to receive AHFTC applications
Invitations are sent to selected applicants
Virtual Interviews are conducted
November 18, 2020
NRMP Rank Order list closes
December 2, 2020
NRMP Match Day results
July 1, 2021
New fellows start