LPNs applying for LPN to RN track are required to have:
- Verification of current Pennsylvania Practical Nurse licensure
- A cumulative point average of 2.0 or better in practical nursing school.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Documentation of satisfactory completion of college-level Anatomy and Physiology 1 with laboratory component (not older than seven years) and Psychology courses prior to enrollment.
- Download reference form and complete two (2) professional references. Professional references must be completed by direct manager or supervisor if working, or instructor/clinical instructor if applicant is a student.
- Documentation of competency in basic clinical nursing skills. The applicant will request that his/her current immediate nursing supervisor or manager, or instructor/clinical instructor if applicant is a student submit an LPN Competency Evaluation Form.
- All LPNs who are will be required to complete Semesters II through V.
- Accepted LPNs will be required to attend an orientation prior to enrolling in Semester II.
Step 1: Complete an application
Apply online for admission to Citizens School of Nursing in affiliation with Penn State University and Westmoreland County Community College both New Kensington, PA Campuses.
- Complete all elements of the application.
- All applications require a $50 non-refundable fee. Applications will not be processed until required fee is submitted.
Step 2: Register for and take the ATI Fundamentals of Nursing Assessment
Testing is offered on the campus of Citizens School of Nursing. Contact the admissions office to register for the on-site examination.
- All applicants are required to pay a $75.00 entrance examination fee. This fee must be paid no later than five (5) days prior your schedule testing date.
Find out more about the ATI Fundamentals of Nursing testing.
Step 3: Submit required transcripts / proof of eligibility to study at the post- secondary level
- Official copy of High School Transcript including required course work and date of graduation.
- In lieu of a High School diploma, an original copy of the GED certificate with test scores.
- Post-secondary education transcripts
- Official transcripts must be submitted for all prior post-secondary education completed. This includes any college, university, nursing, technical and/or vocational program.