Lupus Center of Excellence at Peters Township Health + Wellness Pavilion
Rheumatic diseases like lupus and arthritis happen when your immune system attacks your body’s tissue, conditions known as autoimmune disease. These conditions can make daily activities painful and exhausting, so managing your health should be as convenient as possible. That’s why we’ve brought the experts to you at Peters Township Health + Wellness Pavilion.
Rheumatic disease care at Peters Township: Why choose us?
At Peters Township, you benefit from:
- Experts in lupus and arthritis care: In partnership with the Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Autoimmunity Institute and Lupus Center of Excellence, we offer access to renowned specialists. In total, our physicians, nurses, researchers, and other professionals bring more than 150 years of experience in autoimmune diseases.
- Advanced autoimmune research: Our physicians work at the forefront of autoimmune research. We’re finding ways to diagnose these conditions earlier and more accurately — helping predict flare-ups, so you can enjoy life more.
- Integrated care team: Autoimmune disorders can affect your whole body, so you need a team of experts in several specialties. We work seamlessly with experts at the AHN Autoimmunity Institute to connect you with the specialists you need.
Autoimmune disease services at Peters Township
As part of our comprehensive care for patients with rheumatic conditions, we provide:
- Diagnostic tests: On-site X-rays, bone density scans (also called DEXA), and other imaging procedures help us pinpoint what’s causing the condition.
- Infusions for osteoporosis: We provide outpatient injections of medicines like zoledronic acid to increase bone strength and reduce fractures.
- Infusions for arthritis: Outpatient infusions of the medicine REMICADE® can improve some arthritis symptoms.
- Joint aspiration: Using a needle and syringe, our specialists drain excess fluid from inflamed joints (arthrocentesis) to relieve pain, get fluid for lab testing, or both.
- Steroid injections: Injecting a steroid like cortisone into your joint may relieve pressure and pain.
- Splinting and bracing: These methods can be effective at reducing the pain and swelling associated with rheumatic diseases.
Rheumatic conditions treated at Peters Township
The experts at Peters Township treat patients with rheumatic diseases, including:
- Osteoarthritis: The most common form of arthritis occurs when the protective cartilage on the ends of your bones wears down over time.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: This chronic inflammatory disorder affects the lining of your joints and can erode bones, deform joints, and damage other organs.
- Lupus: With this autoimmune disease, your immune system attacks your tissues and organs, affecting your joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, brain, heart, and lungs.
- Gout: This form of arthritis causes severe pain, redness, and tenderness in joints.
- Tendonitis: Inflammation or irritation can affect tendons, the thick cords that attach bone to muscle.
- Bursitis: This painful condition affects the small, fluid-filled sacs (bursae) that cushion the bones, tendons, and muscles near your joints.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment with a Peters Township specialist.
Peters Township Health + Wellness Pavilion
160 Gallery Drive
McMurray, PA 15317