Our radiology department offers the full spectrum of diagnostic imaging tests, including:
- Bone density (DEXA) scan: This noninvasive test measures bone mineral density, determining your risk for conditions like osteoporosis.
- CT (computed tomography): Using a series of X-rays and a computer, CT scans create detailed images of internal body structures.
- Nuclear medicine, including PET (positron emission tomography): Nuclear medicine tests use small doses of radioactive materials to diagnose and treat a variety of diseases.
- Mammography: This test uses low-energy X-rays to identify tumors or other masses within breast tissue.
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging): Using radio waves and magnetic fields, MRIs help your physician view organs and other internal structures.
- Ultrasound: A computer and specialized wand, called a transponder, use sound waves to create pictures of organs and other tissues.
- X-ray: Electromagnetic waves allow visualization of different structures inside your body. Pictures appear black and white depending on the amount of electromagnetic radiation absorbed.
Open six days each week, our on-site diagnostic laboratory processes specimens and samples for all types of diagnostic tests. Because our facility resides within the Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion, you get your test results sooner, giving you greater peace of mind.
Get your prescriptions filled faster with our on-site pharmacy. Instead of waiting for the medications you need, simply ask our pharmacist to fill your prescription before leaving Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion. Your physician sends your prescription to the pharmacy for you, so you don’t have to wait for your prescription to be filled. Or we can transfer your prescriptions to your local pharmacy, too.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 to request an appointment with a specialist at Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion.
Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion
12311 Perry Highway
Wexford, PA 15090