Chronic Disease Management at Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion
Living with a chronic disease presents special challenges that standard medical care may not address. If you have diabetes or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), the Wexford Health + Wellness Center helps you stay as healthy as possible. We use the latest evidence-based research to help manage your condition and prevent complications.
Diabetes management at Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion
If you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes mellitus, taking charge of your health is key to preventing serious complications later in life. Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion physicians help you stay healthy with individualized treatment plans based on the latest medical evidence and research. At Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion, you benefit from:
- Comprehensive care: Our board-certified endocrinologists, nurses, Certified Diabetes Educators®, and registered dietitians come together in one convenient location to help you manage diabetes effectively.
- Personalized treatment plans: Your experience with diabetes is unique, and your treatment plan reflects your personal needs and goals. From continuous glucose monitoring to advanced insulin therapies, we tailor your treatment to fit you.
- Diabetes education services: Our Certified Diabetes Educators gauge your understanding of this complex condition. Then, we help you learn more about exercise, diabetes medications, and lifestyle adjustments so you can stay as healthy as possible. We offer many educational programs and support groups to help you adjust to living with diabetes.
- Nutrition counseling: Staying healthy with diabetes means making adjustments to your diet to include nutritious foods. Our registered, licensed dietitians help you make healthy food choices based on the latest research. We offer group nutrition classes and individual counseling to best suit your needs. Our demonstration kitchen helps you learn healthy recipes and cooking tips in a welcoming, interactive environment.
- On-site laboratory and pharmacy: Waiting for test results or medications to arrive by mail is frustrating. Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion offers a full-service, on-site laboratory and retail pharmacy. You never have to wait for the information or prescriptions you need to stay healthy.
Managing COPD at Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion
In collaboration with Allegheny Health Network’s Breathing Disorders Center, Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion offers complete care for people living with COPD. We understand the stress of managing COPD and work to make breathing as easy as possible. You benefit from:
- Multidisciplinary care team: Physicians, nurses, and respiratory therapists come together under one roof to help you better understand and control COPD. Together, we plan a treatment course that provides effective relief from COPD symptoms and eases breathing.
- Consistent monitoring: Registered nurse patient navigators check in with you regularly to determine the effectiveness of your treatment plan. If needed, we get you in for a same-day appointment with one of our board-certified physicians.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation: Adjusting to life with COPD is difficult. We help you learn coping skills as well as exercise techniques, energy conservation training, and breathing strategies to help you live more comfortably.
- Greater convenience: Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion is your one-stop destination for diagnostic testing. We offer pulmonary function testing, oxygen testing, bronchoscopy, and endobronchial ultrasound in one centralized location.
- Education: Your health care team provides nutrition counseling and smoking cessation strategies to help you stay healthy while living with COPD.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 to request an appointment with a specialist at Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion.
Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion
12311 Perry Highway
Wexford, PA 15090