AHN Cardiovascular Institute at Allegheny Valley Hospital
People with heart conditions turn to Allegheny Valley Hospital for specialized, comprehensive care. Our cardiovascular team provides the full spectrum of care for any heart condition using the latest diagnostic and treatment technology. We help you manage your health so you can live a full, active life.
Heart disease services at Allegheny Valley Hospital: Why choose us?
When you turn to the team at Allegheny Valley, you’ll find:
- Top center for care: We are rated in the top 10 percent of hospitals nationally for patient safety in overall surgical care.*
- Personalized attention: Our multidisciplinary team is part of the AHN Cardiovascular Institute. We work closely with you to manage heart conditions and prevent complications, keeping you in the community as long as possible.
- Specialized expertise: We treat many people for atrial fibrillation, an irregular heartbeat. We also focus on cardiac rehabilitation, customized rehab for people who had heart surgery or a cardiac event such as a heart attack.
- Comprehensive cardiac imaging: We use the latest diagnostic imaging technology. These detailed pictures of your heart help us make a precise diagnosis and plan the most effective treatments for you.
- Access to clinical trials: You have access to the latest diagnostic and treatment options through clinical trials. Our research-based treatments include new medicines, procedures, and implantable devices that monitor disease progression and offer innovative treatments.
Cardiac rehab at Allegheny Valley Hospital
We designed our cardiac rehab program for people who are recovering from a heart attack or have a heart condition or peripheral arterial disease. Our team of specially trained nurses and exercise specialists works with you to develop a personalized rehabilitation plan.
The goal of cardiac rehabilitation is to help you regain your strength and give you the tools you need to stay healthy and active. Find out more about cardiac rehab.
Heart imaging at Allegheny Valley Hospital
We use the latest imaging technology to help us diagnose and treat heart conditions. We offer:
- Echocardiography: To check your heart structure and examine how the blood flows through your heart
- Transesophageal ultrasound: To get more detailed images of your heart structure and blood vessels by passing a thin tube down your throat and into your esophagus
- Doppler ultrasound: To diagnose blood clots and heart valve defects by examining blood flow
- Nuclear imaging: To get information on heart function and blood flow to the different parts of the heart muscle
- Cardiac CT scan: To check heart structure and structure of the aorta and coronary arteries
Accredited Chest Pain Center
Allegheny Valley has Chest Pain Center accreditation from the American College of Cardiology. We are one of only a few hospitals in southwestern Pennsylvania to have this accreditation, which recognizes our commitment to the highest standards of chest pain care. Our team works quickly and efficiently to diagnose and treat people who may be having a heart attack so we can save more lives.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment with an Allegheny Valley Hospital specialist.
Allegheny Valley Hospital
1301 Carlisle Street
Natrona Heights, PA 15065
Source: 2020 CareChex® ‐‐ an information service of Quantros, Inc.