West Penn Hospital is part of the Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Cardiovascular Institute. We have heart experts who specialize in:
- Heart rhythm treatments: Specialists in our electrophysiology program perform ablation procedures to treat heart arrhythmias. We also implant devices such as pacemakers and defibrillators.
- Vascular disease: We offer advanced, catheter-based endovascular procedures. These procedures take place inside blood vessels to open arteries, remove clots, and treat aneurysms. Learn more about endovascular therapy.
- Women’s heart program: We have cardiologists who specialize in women’s heart health. We offer dedicated care for women with heart disease and treat women who develop heart problems during pregnancy, menopause, or cancer treatments. Learn more about the Women’s Heart Center at West Penn.
- Artery disease: We offer advanced treatments for coronary artery disease and carotid artery disease.
- Autoimmune disorders: Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and other autoimmune disorders can also affect the heart. In our autoimmunity program, West Penn cardiologists and autoimmune disease specialists work together to meet all your health care needs.
- Rehabilitation: Experts in our cardiovascular rehabilitation program help you strengthen your heart and regain stamina.
- Access to clinical trials and research: Our team of heart specialists is dedicated to finding new ways to diagnose and treat heart disease. You may be able to try a new treatment early through our participation in clinical trials. Learn more about the AHN Cardiovascular Research Institute.
The AHN Cardiovascular Institute offers comprehensive heart services, including cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), heart support devices, heart transplants, and cardiovascular rehabilitation. You’ll find all the services you need for a stronger heart right here in Pittsburgh.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment with a specialist at West Penn Hospital.
West Penn Hospital
4800 Friendship Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15224