West Penn Hospital
Although visits from family and friends are an important part of our patients' recovery, adequate rest is also necessary. Our patients' health is our primary concern.
To assure that patients are able to get the rest they need, the following visiting guidelines have been established for West Penn Hospital:
- Open visiting hours have been established on all Medical, Surgical, Oncology, Labor and Delivery, Post Partum, Pediatric and Rehabilitation units.
- Special care units (such as critical care) have visiting hours intended to provide access that is somewhat restricted related to patient needs.
- The number of visitors in a patient room is recommended to be no more than 2 at a time; however, staff present can determine the need for flexibility.
- Children, ages 12 and under, must always be accompanied by an adult. Children are not to be left unattended in waiting or public areas of the hospital, and children are not encouraged to arrive before noon or to remain past 8 p.m.
- Guests who are visiting with a patient after 10 p.m. or who wish to spend the night in the hospital may do so by making this request of the nurse in charge of the unit.
- Nursing staff have the ability to restrict visitation if necessary for the clinical care of the patient.