- Westfield Memorial Hospital
- About WMH
- Support the WMH Community
- Insurance and Financial Help
- Your WMH Experience
- Hospital Charges
For appointments and more information: 716-793-2222
Our Diabetes Education Program takes a comprehensive, outpatient approach to empowering you and helping you successfully manage diabetes. With WMH’s individual nutrition counseling, you learn to make healthy food choices, manage your weight and become physically active.
Diabetes is a “family issue,” affecting not only those who have the disease but also those who care for them. At WMH, we help you learn how to jointly improve your health or that of a loved one. Educate yourself with the facts and skills needed to work toward a healthier future.
Individualized consultations include:
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Oral medicine and insulin injection techniques
- Individualized meal plans
- Advice on how to incorporate physical activity into your lifestyle
- Stress management
Joining our diabetes program
The program does require a doctor’s referral, so talk with your health care provider today.