Allegheny Health Network’s media relations team is dedicated to providing reporters and other members of the news media with the assistance they need.
AHN Saint Vincent to present in-person Festival of Trees
AHN Saint Vincent’s annual Festival of Trees will bring the lights of the holiday season back in style this year…and in person! The popular holiday event returns on Friday and Saturday, Nov 26 and 27, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 28, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Erie Bayfront Convention Center, 1 Sassafras Pier, Erie.
Festival of Trees is a community tradition featuring a gallery of uniquely decorated holiday trees, decorated by local artists. Guests have the opportunity to vote for their favorite, and the winner will be announced on Monday, November 29th. A tree auction will take place at the end of the event, and area residents will be able to bid to have their favorite tree delivered to their door. The public is also welcome to bid online at https://2021Festival.givesmart.com.
The event also includes a plethora of other fun activities, including:
· Santa’s Castle, an interactive experience that provides visitors the chance to take a tour through Santa’s home. Guests have the opportunity visit Mrs. Claus’ kitchen, take home a craft from the elves’ workshop, write a letter to Santa, and will receive reindeer food to sprinkle for Santa’s team! You’ll also have the opportunity to visit with Santa himself!
· Teddy Bear Clinic – Make sure teddy is in tip top shape. Start off in triage and let our specialists fix teddy’s boo-boos. Fever? Belly ache? Broken bones? Saint Vincent teddy bear specialists will make sure everything is okay. Bring a bear of your own OR take home one of ours with a $10 donation.
· Reindeer Experience – Some of the reindeer from Santa’s team will be featured indoors from noon to 5pm each day
· Santa Claus!
· Local entertainment
· Face painting, for an extra fee
· Train rides, $2
· The Avenue of Baskets, a raffle of awesome prize baskets (25 tickets for $10)
· Wine Tree raffle ($2 per ticket)
Admission is $10 for those older than 12, $6 for kids 12 and under and free of charge for children 12 months and younger.
Festival tickets will be available at the door.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the Festival’s Breakfast with Santa has been cancelled this year.
COVID-19 safety precautions will be in place at festival, including:
· Masks will be required and provided.
· An updated event layout to allow for one way traffic
· Hand sanitizing stations will be readily available
· Santa will be in a new larger location at the event
AHN will be closely monitoring the coronavirus pandemic and will adapt event plans should there be a concern for the health and safety of attendees.
Learn more at https://www.supportahn.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=FestivalofTrees. If you have questions, email Christine.Bowen@ahn.org.