Allegheny Health Network’s media relations team is dedicated to providing reporters and other members of the news media with the assistance they need.
Allegheny Health Network and Highmark Health donate PPE to local EMS Providers
PITTSBURGH, Pa. – Continuing with Allegheny Health Network’s (AHN) and Highmark Health’s ongoing support of local EMS providers throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, AHN will provide bulk quantities of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to local EMS agencies during drive-up events at its four local Neighborhood Hospitals over the next several weeks.
Over 90 EMS agencies in the Western Pennsylvania area will receive face shields, masks, and gowns as part of the supply distribution this month. EMS agencies will each be allotted a certain quantity of supplies based on their specific needs. The distribution kicked off today for City of Pittsburgh EMS at Highmark Health’s downtown headquarters.
“EMS professionals have been vital partners to our region’s hospitals and healthcare systems since day one of the pandemic. And while Covid-19 cases have begun to decrease in recent days across the region, we recognize that mitigation efforts such as PPE use will remain vital to the health of caregivers, patients and our communities for the foreseeable future,” said Robert Twaddle, Vice President of Prehospital Care for AHN.
PPE Donation distribution to local EMS Providers
- Tuesday, March 9 – AHN Hempfield Neighborhood Hospital, 6321 US-30, Greensburg, PA 15601
- Thursday, March 11 – AHN McCandless Neighborhood Hospital, 8950 Duncan Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
- Tuesday, March 16 – AHN Harmar Neighborhood Hospital, 2501 Freeport Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- Thursday, March 18 – AHN Brentwood Neighborhood Hospital, 3290 Saw Mill Run Blvd, Brentwood, PA 15227
**Media access/interviews available from 8:00-9:30 a.m. for each event**
- More than 90 EMS agencies across Western Pennsylvania
- Robert Twaddle, Vice President of Prehospital Care for AHN
AHN’s four Neighborhood Hospitals