Allegheny Health Network’s media relations team is dedicated to providing reporters and other members of the news media with the assistance they need.
Distinguished Panel of National Experts on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Join Highmark Health/AHN’s National Advisory Council
Highmark Health/Allegheny Health Network’s Enterprise Equitable Health Institute has recruited a panel of nationally-recognized experts in diversity, equity and inclusion who will serve as the Institute’s first-ever National Advisory Council. These noted national thought leaders will share their experience and expertise as Highmark Health/AHN works toward its goal of advancing health equity, improving the climate of inclusion in the workplace, strengthening the growth of a diverse workforce and supplier base, and improving community partnerships.
“Our goals are critically important not only to the growth and continued success of Highmark Health and Allegheny Health Network, but to the health and welfare of our communities,” said Margaret Larkins-Pettigrew, MD, Senior Vice President, Chief Clinical Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, Allegheny Health Network and Highmark Health. “We are so pleased to have a dynamic and innovative group of leaders collaborating with us to help ensure that we continue to make progress and make a real difference in the lives of the people we serve.”
The National Advisory Council members are:
- · Candi Castleberry-Singleton, Vice President, Diversity Partnership Strategy & Engagement, Amazon.
- · The Honorable Anthony Coelho, former U.S. Congressman and Vice President, National Task Force on Employment of Adults with Disabilities
- · William McDade, MD, PhD, Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- · Marilyn Mobley, PhD, Vice President for Inclusion Diversity & Equal Opportunity & Emerita Professor of English & African Studies Case Western Reserve University
- · Ralph G. Moore, CPA, President, Ralph G. Moore & Associates
- · Michele Ruiz, Co-founder & CEO, Bias Sync
- · Vanessa Weaver, PhD, Founder & CEO, Alignment Strategies
- · Cid Wilson, President & CEO, Hispanic Association Corporate Responsibility (HACR)
- · Sharon Wong, Executive Director, Strategic Recruitment, Diversity & Inclusion, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
The council met for the first time in early November with Highmark Health and Allegheny Health Network (AHN) top executives to learn more about the organization and its commitment to inclusion, social justice, diversity and equity at all levels.
“This team is composed of some of the best and brightest people in the field of diversity, equity and inclusion, and we are proud to have them as partners in our journey,” Dr. Larkins-Pettigrew said. “Their voices will be invaluable to us as we work toward our goals of being an increasingly diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, closing the health disparity gap, and actively investing in people and communities of color.”