At the Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Center for Diabetes and Endocrine Health (CDEH), our endocrinologists and other specialists understand the impact an endocrine disorder can have on your daily life. We work together to help you get an accurate diagnosis and an effective treatment plan that’s right for you.
People with an endocrine disorder choose the CDEH because of our:
- Expertise: Our network includes physicians from different specialties trained in the diagnosis and treatment of endocrine disorders, such as diabetes. We also treat a large number of patients with pituitary disorders (one type of endocrine problem) compared to most hospitals in the area. This experience helps us provide precise diagnoses and appropriate management, quickly.
- Collaborative approach: The endocrine system affects many parts of the body. That’s why people with certain conditions often need care from more than one specialist. Our team works together to streamline your care. This close collaboration ensures fast, comprehensive treatment. It also allows some the convenience of seeing multiple physicians in one visit.
- Personalized treatment plans: We tailor a treatment plan to your symptoms while considering your preferences. Depending on your circumstances, your treatment plan could include medication, lifestyle changes, surgery — or a combination of these treatments.
- Specialized endocrine clinics: At our multidisciplinary pituitary clinic, you can sit down with a neurosurgeon and an endocrinologist at the same time. We make this possible so you can save time and get the care you need faster. Our thyroid clinic offers specialized evaluation and management of thyroid nodules and masses — as well as on-site biopsies — from physicians with extensive training in thyroid problems. And at our medical weight loss clinic, you can learn about nonsurgical weight loss solutions, such as nutrition counseling or medication, to help you manage your weight and improve your health.
- Long term follow-up: Some people with endocrine disorders need lifelong care. In these cases, we stay in regular contact with you to watch your health over the long term.
- Focus on education: We teach and train physicians to be well-rounded endocrinologists through a fellowship program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Our academic focus helps our team — and the next generation of endocrinology specialists — effectively and compassionately care for patients with endocrine disorders.
Our endocrinologists have specialized training in the diagnosis and management of common and rare disorders of the endocrine system. We have many years of experience caring for patients with:
- Adrenal problems, such as when the adrenal gland makes too much (adrenal hyperfunction) or too little (adrenal hypofunction) hormone
- Adrenal, parathyroid, pituitary, and thyroid cancer
- Gonadal conditions, such as low testosterone production (hypogonadism)
- Menstrual and sexual problems
- Metabolic bone disease and calcium disorders, such as osteoporosis
- Metabolic and nutritional disorders, such as obesity
- Pituitary diseases, such as Cushing’s disease
- Thyroid disorders, such as masses on the thyroid gland (thyroid nodules)
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN endocrinology services.