Sudden, severe injuries (trauma), such as the ones that occur from car accidents, can change your life in an instant. At Allegheny Health Network (AHN), you're in capable hands.
We deliver specialized care, including complex reconstructive surgeries that restore the best possible quality of life.
Orthopaedic trauma includes severe injuries affecting your bones, joints, and supporting tissue. These injuries can occur anywhere in the body and may affect your ability to perform basic functions, such as sitting or standing.
Care for orthopaedic trauma includes:
- Immediate treatments, such as casts and braces, to stabilize the injured area and prevent permanent damage
- Surgical procedures, which may include repairing broken bones with rods and screws, to help you start healing
- Treating complications, such as bones that don’t heal correctly, to help you regain the highest level of functioning
At AHN, you receive care from orthopaedic surgeons who completed additional training (fellowships) in orthopaedic trauma. These capabilities draw patients from all over western Pennsylvania and surrounding communities.
Our experience from treating thousands of injuries every year translates to an exceptional level of care. Meet our orthopaedic and sports medicine team.
AHN is home to three hospitals providing specialized care for orthopaedic trauma, including:
- Allegheny General Hospital: This Level I Trauma Center offers the highest level of trauma care, including life-saving treatments for the most severe injuries. We were the first program in western Pennsylvania to achieve this distinction. Find out more about Allegheny General Hospital.
- Forbes Hospital: We are the only accredited trauma center in Allegheny County outside of Pittsburgh. Forbes Hospital offers around-the-clock access to physicians who focus on treating severe injuries. Our team includes trauma surgeons, neurosurgeons, and orthopaedic surgeons. Read more about Forbes Hospital.
- West Penn Hospital: We treat thousands of children and adults every year, giving our team a level of expertise that is not widely available in western Pennsylvania. Our capabilities also draw people from Ohio, Maryland, New York, and West Virginia. Learn more about West Penn Hospital.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN Orthopaedic services.