If a nagging sports injuries or other orthopaedic conditions are slowing you down, the Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Orthopaedic Institute can help. Our team includes nationally recognized experts who deliver focused care for issues such as hand injuries, spine problems, and foot pain.
Orthopaedic divisions at AHN: Why choose us?
Our experts come together in teams to put an end to orthopaedic problems and sports injuries that may be disrupting your life. These capabilities are one reason thousands of people turn to AHN each year.
Our orthopaedic specialties offer:
- Uncommon expertise: We deliver trusted care for western Pennsylvania’s most complex medical problems, including severe hand injuries (trauma). We repair damaged tissue and restore functioning so you can live your best life. Read more about orthopaedic trauma.
- Life-changing care: We help people return to their favorite activities and perform everyday tasks, such as climbing stairs, with ease. We get to the source of stubborn symptoms, including foot pain, and tailor treatments to help you achieve outstanding results. Find out more about the orthopaedic conditions and sports injuries we treat.
- Innovative treatments: At AHN, you have access to promising treatments before they’re widely available. We were the first program in western Pennsylvania offering robotic surgery for hip and knee replacement. These procedures help our surgeons replace worn-out joints using robotic surgical technology. Learn more about joint replacement.
AHN orthopaedic divisions
At AHN, you can breathe a little easier knowing our orthopaedic divisions are behind you. We often help people move past pain even when other treatments were not successful. People from all over western Pennsylvania – including professional athletes – put their trust in our capabilities.
We deliver outstanding care for:
- Foot pain: Our team includes renowned podiatrists (foot doctors) and orthopaedic surgeons who specialize in treating foot and ankle problems. We deliver a broad range of treatments, including nonsurgical options, for conditions such as Achilles tendonitis and complications from diabetes. Read more about our Foot and Ankle Division.
- Hand injuries: From shoulder to fingertips, you can count on us for care that meets your needs. AHN is a pioneer in innovative treatments such as nerve transfer procedures that restore more normal functioning. Learn more about our Hand and Upper Extremity Division.
- Spine problems: We help people with complex spine problems, including lower back pain and scoliosis, get much-needed pain relief. We use the latest spine surgery technologies to deliver surgical treatments with a high degree of precision. Find out more about our Spine Division.
Orthopaedic and sports medicine care leadership
AHN is at the forefront of orthopaedic and sports medicine care. Our passion for helping people achieve their goals drives us to explore new treatments and share our knowledge with other physicians.
Our orthopaedic divisions are advancing care through:
- Medical education: We lead training programs (residencies and fellowships) for up-and-coming orthopaedic and sports medicine physicians.
- Research: Our physicians are developing new treatment and care options through ongoing research. Find out more about AHN’s Orthopaedic Research Institute.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN Orthopaedic services.