The AHN Pediatric Orthopaedic Institute brings together all the physicians, tests, and treatments your child needs in one location. We combine compassionate care with the technologies that have been proven safe and effective for young patients.
Our specialty centers of care:
- Kids’ Sports and Injury Center: In this center we care for acute injuries, fractures, and suspected fractures as soon as possible, with sports medicine care to help children and adolescents recover fully, and safely return to play. We also treat slipped capital femoral epiphysis (SCFE), children who are limping or experiencing acute musculoskeletal pain.
- Spine and Musculoskeletal Center: Our physicians perform elective orthopaedic evaluation and treatment for complex neuromuscular conditions such as bone and soft tissue tumors, cerebral palsy, clubfeet, hip dysplasia, in-toeing, kyphosis, limb deficiencies, limb malalignment and discrepancies, muscular dystrophy, skeletal dysplasia, spina bifida, and scoliosis. We also offer screening clinics for infant hip dysplasia, and scoliosis.
- Concussion and Sports Medicine Center: Our board-certified, sports medicine physicians offer primary care sports medicine. They specialize in accurate diagnosis, management, and treatment of concussions. We offer related behavioral and neuropsychiatric counseling services. Our rehabilitation program for concussion management includes guidelines for a safe return to sports.
- Pediatric on-site Gym: Our friendly gym atmosphere encourages children and adolescents to complete their treatment regimen. We also offer ocular (vision) and vestibular therapy following concussions. Children are guided for a return to play activities following injury, as well as specialized therapy for those with Down Syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy, and other special needs.
Child’s play doesn’t come easy when an orthopaedic condition causes pain or makes it difficult to move. At AHN, our physicians specialize in nonsurgical and surgical treatments that help your child achieve the highest level of functioning. To learn how we helped a child with a rare bone condition return to his favorite activities, read Evan's story.
Highlights of our unique approach:
- Low risk EOD imaging: We use low-dose and micro-dose EOS imaging X-rays for spine alignment, lower extremity alignment, and scoliosis. These X-rays offer less risk to children because EOS imaging uses significantly less radiation compared to equivalent standard X-rays.
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound: We use onsite, state-of-the-art ultrasound technology for a variety of musculoskeletal and sports medicine conditions, for assistance with procedures, and for infant hip evaluations. Ultrasound provides images of tendons, bones, and other neuromusculoskeletal structures.
- Family participation and education: We encourage parents to be involved and active in their child’s plan of care and treatment process. We help the whole family understand how to prepare the patient for surgery or other procedures and what to expect afterward. Our goal is to help the patient return to daily activities as quickly and safely as possible.
- Same-day appointments: In cases of an injury or acute pain, you can usually get a same-day appointment. We offer extended hours for your convenience in our Kid’s Sports and Injury Center. For elective orthopaedic needs, we offer appointments within the same week in our Spine and Musculoskeletal Center.
For an appointment with an AHN Pediatric Orthopaedic Institute specialists, call (412) 359-3895 or (724) 933-6699.
For an appointment with our concussion team, call (412) 359-3895 or (724) 933-6665.
Pediatric Orthopaedic Institute
12620 Perry Highway
Wexford, PA 15090
Map and Directions
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Extended hours injury clinic
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.