We specialize in women’s health. That’s why we offer a women’s health center staffed by highly trained physicians devoted solely to pelvic floor disorders. We work closely with OB-GYN, behavioral health, physical therapy, urology, gastroenterology, colorectal surgery, and urogynecology staff to provide comprehensive, quality care.
At AHN, you can expect:'
- Expertise: AHN physicians were among the first in the country to earn certification in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, a designation awarded by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG). Our urogynecologists also receive specialized training in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery.
- Convenience: Our pelvic floor physicians, nurses, and staff offer treatment at multiple locations throughout the community, so care is convenient and fits into your busy life.
- Advanced care: We offer a broad spectrum of minimally invasive corrective surgeries for pelvic floor disorders so you have quicker recovery time. This means you feel better, faster, and can get back to your daily life.
AHN provides women-focused care for pelvic floor conditions that may affect you throughout your life.
Common conditions we treat include:
- Incomplete bladder emptying
- Frequent and urgent need to urinate
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Fecal incontinence
- Vaginal prolapse (fullness or bulging)
- Female sexual issues
- Pelvic pain (endometriosis, interstitial cystitis, chronic pain syndromes)
- Vaginal stenosis, or non-functional vagina, a narrowing of vaginal diameter and length requiring corrective surgery
- Mesh erosion, eroded slings, and surgical complications
- Developmental variations requiring corrective surgery
- Pudendal neuropathy, damage to the pelvic nerves resulting in chronic pelvic pain or other pelvic floor disorders
We focus on non-surgical and minimally invasive treatment options for the pelvic floor whenever possible. These treatments offer quicker recovery times, so you can return to your daily life.
Call (412) 854-7010 to request an appointment or learn more about AHN pelvic therapy services. We have locations across the region that are convenient to you.