Dental Medicine at Allegheny General Hospital
The Division of Dental Medicine is accepting new patients and has openings for appointments. To schedule an appointment, call 412.359.3685.
You’ll find a full range of personalized services—from routine exams to restorative dentistry to cosmetic care—all under one roof at the Allegheny General Hospital Division of Dental Medicine.
As a quaternary care hospital, AGH offers many other dental services that can’t be found in smaller, private practices. For instance, AGH’s Division of Oral Surgery provides care for traumatic injuries to the teeth and jaw, surgery for jaw abnormalities and surgery for sleep apnea. In addition, AGH offers emergency dental service 24/7. A group of dental anesthesiologists is available onsite to provide IV sedation for patients who require that service.
Our wide spectrum of services includes:
- Preventative care, such as routine cleaning and dental checkups
- Fillings, including replacing “old” amalgam fillings with tooth-colored composites
- Tooth extractions
- Fixed and removable prosthetics, such as crowns, veneers, bridges and dentures
- Dental implants
- Gum problems
- Braces and cosmetic procedures to improve the color, shape and size of teeth
- Bleaching to whiten teeth