Whether sharp or dull, intermittent or persistent, chronic pain can reduce strength, limit mobility and decrease the overall quality of life. But when it comes to chronic pain, you shouldn’t have to tough it out or suffer in silence. There are treatments that can bring relief.
At Allegheny Health Network, we offer a variety of sophisticated approaches for evaluating and treating chronic pain caused by an illness, injury, developmental disorder or other conditions. Many of our patients benefit from an advanced medical procedure. Other effective options include physical therapy, medication management and patient education.
Our nationally renowned pain management specialists treat people who are experiencing:
- Back and neck pain
- Chest wall pain, acute and chronic
- Post-laminectomy syndromes/arachnoiditis
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy/causalgia
- Stump and phantom limb pain
- Acute herpes zoster (shingles) and post-herpetic neuralgia
- Cancer pain
- Peripheral neuropathies (such as diabetic neuropathy)
- Atypical facial pain/trigeminal neuralgia
- Peripheral vascular insufficiency/ischemic pain
- Abdominal pain, chronic
- Pelvic pain, chronic
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Pain associated with surgical incisions
- Post-stroke and central pain syndromes
- Spinal cord injury pain syndromes
Learn more about Pain Management in our Health Library.
Find out more about this specialty at a location near you.
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Allegheny Valley Hospital
- Canonsburg Hospital
- Forbes Hospital
- Jefferson Hospital
- Saint Vincent Hospital
- West Penn
Classes & Events