Simulation Onboarding Series
Welcome to simulation and faculty development onboarding. The purpose of these sessions are to provide you with the essential tools needed to design, plan and implement simulation as a teaching and learning tool into your clinical practice or curriculum. Throughout these courses, facilitators will begin to learn strategies that will create a thread of critical thinking and problem solving into each simulation scenario.
This simulation curricula has been divided into courses:
- STARTS Refresher Course
- Prebriefing and Debriefing with Good Judgement
- Realism in Simulation: The Art of Moulage and Use of Standardized Patients
- Scenario Development Series
Upon completion of these curricula, the learner should be able to:
- Identify the principles of best practices in simulation education.
- Understand how to operate the STAR simulators, task trainers, software and equipment.
- Explain the importance of prebriefing and debriefing.
- Facilitate effective prebriefing and debriefing sessions using.
- Review scenario development with a STAR simulation specialist.
- Identify ways to incorporate realism into simulation with the use of moulage and standardized patients.