You need fast, effective medical care after a traumatic injury. At AGH, we provide:
- Highest-level trauma care: As a Level 1 Trauma Center, our trauma team is equipped to handle all types of traumatic injuries 24/7. We were the first medical center in the state to open a trauma intensive care unit for 24-hour intensive medical and nursing care.
- Dedicated team of experts: Your team includes experts in trauma, neurotrauma care, orthopaedic, cardiothoracic, oral surgery, plastic surgery, and other subspecialties. These specialists work collaboratively to provide complete care for multiple injuries.
- Rapid transportation: Allegheny Health Network’s (AHN) LifeFlight emergency services provide around-the-clock emergency medical transport. We can quickly reach critically injured or ill people who are within a 130-mile radius of our trauma center.
- Prehospital services: During transport to the trauma center, you receive high-level medical care that is crucial to protecting your health. Our trauma experts collaborate with regional emergency medical and ambulance services to ensure immediate, appropriate treatment. Learn more about prehospital services at AGH.
After your hospital discharge, you receive follow-up care at the AGH Trauma Clinic. We take appointments on Wednesdays starting at 1 pm The Trauma Clinic is located in suite 261 of the hospital’s South Tower. Complimentary valet parking is available with wheelchair transportation to the clinic when needed.
Call (412) 359-6466 to schedule an appointment at the AGH Trauma Clinic.
Trauma clinic services include:
- Follow-up examinations
- Wound care
- Referrals to AHN Therapy Services for physical therapy and rehabilitation services
- Scheduling of diagnostic tests and appointments with specialists
- Collaborative care with your primary care physician and specialists
- Support groups via the Trauma Survivors Network
Our trauma experts conduct educational programs throughout the community to raise awareness of traumatic accidents and help reduce preventable injuries. Our programs include:
- Stop the Bleed: This U.S. Department of Homeland Security initiative trains bystanders on how to help in an emergency situation, such as a mass shooting, before professional medical help arrives. To request a Stop the Bleed class, call (412) 359-6758.
- Fall prevention among the elderly
- Distracted and impaired driving prevention
- Community violence prevention and response
- Trauma Survivors Network: a community of patients and survivors looking to connect with one another and rebuild their lives after a serious injury
- First Responder Highway Safety: presentations given to EMS, police, and firefighters on accident site safety tips
- Slow Down Move Over: When driving by an accident site, it’s the law to move your vehicle over, away from the accident and EMS, police, firefighters, and tow truck drivers.
If you have an emergency that can’t wait, please call 911 immediately or go directly to one of our emergency hospital locations. Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment with a specialist at Allegheny General.
Allegheny General Hospital
320 East North Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Phone: (412) 359-6466
Fax: (412) 359-3844