Clinical Pharmacology and Autoimmune Disease Medications
Every autoimmune disease treatment has positives and negatives. Sometimes, a therapy may effectively control your disease symptoms but cause debilitating side effects. We can help.
At the Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Autoimmunity Institute, our clinical pharmacology program offers you the most effective treatment with the least negative impact. Our 15 different types of specialists will work together to help you improve your quality of life.
Specialized clinical pharmacological care for autoimmune diseases
Managing treatment side effects shouldn’t feel like your full-time job — instead, we make it ours. At our institute, our team includes clinical pharmacologists with extensive training in how medications, such as immunosuppressants, affect the body. They work closely with our other specialists to find the best medication and dosage for you. This includes coming up with ways to minimize any unpleasant side effects you may face.
Before recommending a new treatment, our specialists will sit down with you to explain the potential side effects and any long-term health implications. We will partner with you now and in the months and years to come to monitor how you react to certain therapies. This attention will help you improve your overall health with the least possible downsides from treatments.
A new approach to autoimmune disease care
We offer complete, compassionate autoimmune disease care from a team of specialists — all located in one place. Benefit from our:
- Skilled specialists, who are experienced in caring for people with autoimmune disorders
- Focus on research that helps us provide treatments that more effectively treat disease with fewer side effects
- Coordinated care that means we help you manage all your medications as well as any side effects they may cause
- Updated facility, where you can comfortably and conveniently receive the highest level of care for dozens of autoimmune diseases
- Convenient appointments where you can manage get care for many health concerns at one time
West Penn Hospital
4815 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Located in 250 Mellon Pavilion
Call (833) 242-8246 to learn more about AHN autoimmune services.