Our certified nurse midwives partner with you to provide:
- A holistic approach: We work closely with you to offer education that helps you take a higher level of ownership of your health care. We support your right to create the birth experience that’s best for you, as well as make informed decisions about all health needs that reflect your beliefs and values.
- A focus on you: Nurse midwives can dedicate more time to your visits than most OB-GYNs. This additional one-on-one time allows us to fully listen to and address your concerns.
- Personalized birth experience: Our focus is on the natural, healthy processes of pregnancy, labor, and delivery. When possible, we avoid interventions, such as labor-inducing drugs. This approach often results in lower cesarean section birth rates and greater success with vaginal births after cesarean (VBAC) section. Should you experience complications during pregnancy or labor, we tap the expertise of AHN’s highly skilled OB-GYNs.
- Exceptional care: We have decades of experience delivering babies and caring for women’s health care needs. Our team adheres to strict care standards established by the American College of Nurse-Midwives and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Meet our team.
Our team provides care from the onset of menstruation through pregnancy, menopause, and beyond. These services include:
- Pregnancy, birth, and postpartum care
- Well-woman gynecological exams
- Treatment for infections, such as yeast, urinary tract, and bladder
- Counseling and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- Management of menopause symptoms
Our nurse midwives provide patient care at several AHN locations:
Brentwood Professional Plaza
3720 Brownsville Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15227
565 Coal Valley Road, Suite 209A
Jefferson Hills, PA 15025
Services available Monday, Tuesday, and Friday
Peters Township Health + Wellness Pavilion
160 Gallery Drive
McMurray, PA 15317
Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion
12311 Perry Highway
Wexford, PA 15090
Services available Wednesday
For more help with planning your pregnancy and birth and to learn how to care for your baby after it’s born, contact any of these organizations.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN pregnancy and newborn services.