Professional Care that Comes to You
Going into the hospital or doctor’s office every time you need to receive your regular treatments isn’t always practical. Home infusion therapy can be essential for patients who have an acute or chronic illness, but need treatment options that fit their lives. Through the Allegheny Health Network Home Infusion program, you can receive intravenous medications and nutritional support in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
Home Infusion Care for Complex Conditions:
Living with and managing a complex medical condition is challenging enough. We make it easier for you to get the help you need from home.
AHN’s Specialty Home Infusion program offers therapies for a wide-range of complex conditions:
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Immune deficiency disorders
- Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Myasthenia gravis
- Multiple sclerosis
In addition to specialty therapies, we offer the full-range of core home infusion therapies:
- Nutrition therapy (IV nutrition and tube feedings)
- Inotropes for end-stage heart failure
- Pain management
Why Choose Home Infusion Therapy?
The Home Infusion program delivers more than just medicine. Our patients choose us for:
- Convenience: No need to take time off of work. We can schedule your treatment when and where it’s easiest.
- Consistency: You are supported 24/7, 365 days per year with no therapy gaps due to holidays, weekends, or inclement weather.
- Safety: Our highly skilled nurses provide one-on-one therapy in the convenience of your home.
- Satisfaction: Not to brag, but our program has achieved a 91% overall patient satisfaction rating.
- Results: 99.9% of our therapy sessions are free of unscheduled hospitalizations or adverse drug reactions.
You’ll also have access to a team of experienced, caring professionals who will personalize your infusion therapy treatment:
- Pharmacists who develop customized home infusion therapy care plans for in-home treatment
- Infusion specialists who provide a nursing plan of care and coordinate your care with your home health provider
- Nutrition support teams who design and monitor your diet by tube or IV feedings
- Pain management and supportive care teams who manage acute or chronic pain
To arrange for infusion therapy services including questions about insurance coverage, please call 1-800-381-8080.