Mazor X™ Spine Surgery
Mazor X™ Spine Surgery at Allegheny Health Network
One-year exclusive at AHN hospitals
Allegheny Health Network's Allegheny General Hospital and Forbes Hospital in the Pittsburgh area and Saint Vincent Hospital in Erie have invested in Mazor Robotics technology for spine surgery, and are the only hospitals in western Pennsylvania to use this technology.
With accuracy and precision, Mazor X™ assists surgeons in the treatment of many spine conditions, including:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Scoliosis or curvature of the spine
- Herniated disc
- Vertebral fractures
How it works
The Mazor X™ system includes three pieces that ensure everything is in working order:
- The Pre-Operative Analytics suite of tools uses computer power to create a comprehensive and verifiable surgical plan as part of a total patient treatment strategy.
- Intra-Operative Guidance uses precision mechanics and a surgical arm to guide the surgical tools and implants according to the Pre-Op Analytics surgical plan. Coupled with innovative tracking and imaging,* Intra-Operative Guidance verifies predictable execution of the surgical plan.
- The Mazor X™ system incorporates Intra-Operative verification tools. The surgical loop is closed, enabling comparison of the plan versus performance using intra-operative imaging tools and tracking technology.