Active Clinical Trials
For more information, please contact Saint Vincent Consltats in Cardiovascular Diseases, LLC at 814-453-7767
Gloria-AF Registry: Registry that aims to investigate the patient characteristics influencing the choice of antithrombotic treatment for the prevention of stroke in non-valvular atrial fibrillation (AF) patients.
To collect real world data on important outcome events of antithrombotic treatments for the prevention of stroke.
Ages Eligible for Study: 18 Years and older
Genders Eligible for Study: Both
Accepts Healthy Volunteers: No
- 18 years or greater at enrollment
- Patient newly diagnosed (< 3months prior to baseline visit) with non-valvular AF.
- Patient must have a CHAD2DS2-VASc score of at least 1.
- Presence of any mechanical heart valve, or valve disease that is expected to require valve replacement intervention(surgical or non-surgical) during the course of the assigned registry phase.
- Patients who have received more than 60 days of VKA treatment in their lifetime prior to the patient's baseline visit.
- AF with a generally reversible cause (e.g. cardiac surgery, pulmonary embolism, untreated hyperthyroidism)
- Patients with a medical condition other than atrial fibrillation for which chronic use of an oral anticoagulant (for example, a VKA) is indicated.
- Current participation in any clinical trial or registry of an experimental drug or device.
- Patient's life expectancy is expected to be less than one year at the time of potential enrollment.