First 3-5 days
The Home Recovery Care program may be available to patients being treated in the emergency department at Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) and Forbes Hospital. If your doctor determines Home Recovery Care is a good option for you, you will be able to go home to receive your care instead of being admitted to the hospital. Home Recovery Care services begin when you leave the emergency department and you will have access to:
- An experienced registered nurse in the comfort of your own home for several hours of the day. Your nurse will coordinate with your doctor remotely from your home on their own mobile device.
- A Recovery Care Coordinator, available to you 24/7, who will be your main point of contact for questions or concerns throughout the 30 days.
- All the necessary equipment you might need, including a computer tablet, to see and talk to your doctor from home and communicate with your care team. Everything will be set up for you and then collected by our team at the end of the 30 days.
Your registered nurse will:
- take your vitals, such as blood pressure, temperature and weight
- administer IV medications
- help you take your medications
- assist you with pain management
Your Recovery Care Coordinator will:
- be available to you 24/7
- work with you and your doctor to arrange all care services delivered right to your home
- coordinate and communicate your care with your doctor(s). This includes your primary care physician and other specialists
- track your vitals daily
- assist in scheduling your follow-up appointments
- provide you with health education
Last 25-27 days
After the first few days in Home Recovery Care, your care will transition back to your primary care physician. You will then resume your normal activities. For the rest of the 30-day period, you will still have access to your Recovery Care Coordinator. They will be available 24/7, and will help schedule follow-up visits with your PCP and continue to track your progress.
Enjoy the comfort and convenience of quality care in your own home
- A Recovery Care Coordinator is available to you 24/7
- Receive a computer tablet that allows your doctors and nurses to check on your progress in real time
- Talk with your doctors and nurses without ever leaving your home
- Have one single point of contact for all your medical questions
There are many medical conditions that can safely be treated in the comfort of home instead of the hospital, including:
- congestive heart failure
- urinary tract infection
For more information about our Home Recovery Care services, please call a (412) 860-0685.