To be eligible to be interviewed for one of our two positions, the applicant must:
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of an ACGME accredited General Surgery Residency Program. If a graduate, then must have been actively practicing General Surgery with in the last 3 years.
- Be board-eligible or board-certified in General Surgery if more than 1 year out from completion of an ACGME accredited residency program.
- Achieve a three-digit score of at least 200 on either, or both, USMLE Step 2 and Step 3 exams (or comparable COMLEX score) and have passed Step 2 CS.
- Participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), and submit a completed application online through the ERAS system no later than December 31
- U.S. citizenship, or maintain appropriate visa status (determination of eligibility of applicants as related to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approvals of appropriate non-immigrant visa eligibility will be made based on ECFMG and Department of State (DOS) requirements for the J-1 visa). We do not sponsor H-1B visas.
We appreciate your interest in our fellowship program. Applications are accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). No paper applications are accepted. Guidelines for submission can be found on the ERAS website.
ACGME ID: 4604131084
In addition to the completed ERAS application, the following documents are required in order for candidates to be considered for an interview:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Recent Photograph
- Valid ECFMG Certificate (foreign medical graduates only)
- Green Card Status (if applicable)
- USMLE Scores (M.D.'s): Steps 1 and 2; Step 3 (if available)
- COMLEX Scores (D.O.'s): Levels 1, 2 and 3
- Letters of Recommendation: 3, including letter from Program Director
PLEASE NOTE: Applications will not be considered complete unless all of the above-listed documents have been submitted electronically through ERAS.
December/January: Review of applications and interview invitations emailed.
February/March: Interviews will be held at Allegheny General Hospital where invited applicants will meet with core faculty members and current residents.