Committed to excellence in prehospital care
The Emergency Medical Service (EMS) providers who rely on our hospitals to care for their patients are crucial partners in improving health care in our region. Our EMS Pledge lays out what these important providers can expect when they arrive at any AHN Emergency Department.
We pledge to be:
Attentive, Respectful, and Accountable
- We will closely monitor appropriate communication channels to receive your report.
- We will coordinate prompt access to a medical command physician when requested.
- We will activate appropriate specialty teams to expedite the care of your patient based on clinical criteria or per your request.
On Your Arrival
- You and your patient will be greeted respectfully.
- If a delay in bed placement occurs, clear communication of time will be shared with your crew and patient.
- Once the treatment area has been reached, our staff member will introduce themselves and listen to your report in its entirety.
After Patient Transfer
- We will maintain an area dedicated to EMS providers, where you can find refreshments that also include healthy choices.
- We will care for, including cleaning, any equipment that you must leave with us. If you do not visit our facility regularly, we will ship the equipment to you in a timely fashion.
Prehospital Care Services
Our resource guide gives you the information that you need to provide exceptional care to our patients.
- Cardiac Cath Lab activations available by request
- Course schedule and location information, along with contacts
Your Feedback is Important
We value your opinion. Please let us know about your experience. Talk to one of our Emergency Department agents 24/7, or fill out an online survey to give feedback for any of our hospitals.
Download printable versions our pledge