Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
Physical therapy at Allegheny Health Network (AHN) includes expert hands focused on getting you back to the activities you love. You receive care in our world-class facilities where our physical therapists use the latest equipment to help you recover from orthopaedic problems and sports injuries.
Orthopaedic Physical Therapy at Allegheny Health Network: Why Choose Us?
At AHN, you receive one-on-one care from certified physical therapists. Many of our physical therapists have training in areas such as hand injuries and concussion care, enabling us to deliver outstanding care for complex problems. Find out more about the orthopaedic conditions and sports injuries we treat.
Our complete approach to care includes additional services to help you get the most out of each session. We often add strength training exercises to physical therapy sessions to help you get stronger as you heal. You have the option to continue working with our strength training coaches after treatment is complete. Read more about strength training.
Easy Access to Physical Therapy for Sports Injuries
At AHN, we help you start feeling better faster. Our physical therapists are direct access certified. We can diagnose and treat minor sports injuries, including Achilles tendonitis and golfer’s elbow, without a physician referral.
For more severe problems, or if the pain does not get better with time, we work with AHN’s orthopaedic and sports medicine physicians to coordinate the next steps of your care. We are in constant communication, so you receive additional evaluations or treatments as quickly as possible.
Specialized Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Equipment
AHN is the only program in western Pennsylvania offering the latest physical therapy technologies under one roof, including:
- Antigravity treadmill: A special harness reduces the force of gravity – which lessens pressure on your joints – while you safely walk or run. Find out more about the Alter-G® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®.
- Cryotherapy: You immerse in a tank filled with extremely cold gas to relieve muscle and joint pain. Read more about Impact Whole Body Cryotherapy.
- Dynavision reaction board: This technology helps you improve coordination, if lingering concussion symptoms are getting in your way. Learn more about the Dynavision D2™ Board.
- Hydrotherapy: A small swimming pool with warm water offers gentle resistance to help you get stronger while relieving strain on your joints.
- Makoto Functional Movement Arena: This treatment improves focus, reaction time, and coordination. Read more about the Makoto Functional Movement Arena.