School has always been a source of stress, whether you’re taking classes, teaching, or parenting a student. Negative reactions to stress create a significant barrier to learning and growth. The Chill Project features dedicated professionals, a calming space, and regular instruction to help every member of a school’s community better handle pressure and anxiety.
Participating schools have experienced:
- Reduced number of behavioral health incidents for students, like chronic absence, disruptive behavior, dropping out, and feelings of hopelessness.
- Increased access to resources and sense of professional quality of life for educators and administrators as well as increased well-being for parents and caregivers.
- Enhanced mindful awareness and resiliency across the school community.
Participants in The Chill Project have access to:
- One-to-one counseling.
- Support groups.
- Medication management.
- School-based outpatient services.
- School-wide preventive services.
- Professional development opportunities.
- A social-emotional curriculum and classroom consultations.
- Exercises and consultations specifically designed for student athletes.