At Allegheny Health Network, we know that the complications associated with diabetes are preventable through proper self-care. Our diabetes self-management education program has been awarded recognition by the American Association of Diabetes in accordance with the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education Programs. Our educators use a team approach, which encourages family members to participate. With proper education, individuals who have diabetes can live fulfilling, healthy lives.
Our nurses and dietitians are certified by the American Association of Diabetes Educators. We focus on self-management skills, prevention of complications, education and support for you and your family.
Our services include:
- Individualized education sessions
- Group classes
- Insulin administration training
- Home glucose monitoring training
- Insulin pump education and training
- Gestational diabetes education and training
- Community outreach services
- Expert guidance from registered dietitians
Find out more about this specialty at a location near you.
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Allegheny Valley Hospital
- Canonsburg Hospital
- Forbes Hospital
- Jefferson Hospital
- Saint Vincent Hospital
- West Penn Hospital
Classes & Events