Women's Health offers different support services including classes and speaker series to enrich the health and lives of the women in our community.
AHN Women's Speaker Series - Health for Her
Health for Her: Keeping Women Informed
The award-winning Health for Her initiative, which originated at Jefferson Hospital of Allegheny Health Network, is dedicated to providing free women's health education programs, empowering women with expert medical information so they can play a more active role with their physicians in making healthcare decisions for themselves and their family members.
Allegheny Health Network medical staff and healthcare professionals commit their time and effort to educating women in the community on a wide variety of relevant and timely health-related topics each month.
Past presentations have included:
- Advances in Breast Cancer Treatment
- Sex, Sleep, and Stress After Menopause
- Fitting in Exercise: Being Your Own Personal Trainer
- Protecting Your Pelvic Health
- The Robotic Revolution in Gynecologic Surgery
- Communicating with Your Physician
- Will You Live to be 100?
Allegheny Health Network offers a range of womens classes, select a category below to schedule a class online.
Breast-feeding and Lactation Resources
The links below can provide more Information on breastfeeding and lactation services.
- American Academy of Pediatrics position statement regarding breast-feeding
- Breast-feeding After Breast and Nipple Surgeries
Breast-feeding after reduction surgery; offers support and advice on breast-feeding after breast and nipple surgeries
Great site for a variety of breast-feeding topics and concerns
- Dr. Jack Newman and Edith Kernerman
Renowned Canadian Pediatrician, Dr. Jack Newman offers expert information and guidance on a variety of breast-feeding topics; includes great video links and downloadable handouts
Website which provides evidence based information on breast-feeding and parenting
- LaLeche League International
Website providing evidence based information on a wide range of breast-feeding topics/concerns
Classes & Events