The Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program at Allegheny Health Network (AHN) provides trainees with a strong set of core educational programs in all areas of cardiology.
Sample Monthly Schedule
Fellows have the opportunity to attend and participate in multiple conferences, including:
- Boot Camp Series: Intensive onboarding lecture series for new first-years that (1) reviews basic cardiology concepts, (2) introduces senior fellows and key clinical faculty, and (3) provides teaching opportunities for senior fellows.
- Core Lecture Series: Summer faculty-led didactics covering key clinical content prior to the start of Night Float.
- Department of Cardiology Grand Rounds: Monthly lecture series with internationally renowned visiting professors and AHN faculty covering diverse topics.
- Department of Cardiology Morbidity & Mortality: Monthly multidisciplinary conference where CCU fellow from previous month performs root cause analysis and proposes constructive systems-based improvement solutions.
- Heart Team Conference: Weekly multidisciplinary conference with complex medical decision-making between interventional cardiology and cardiac surgery.
- CCU Report: Weekly case-based conference where Night Float fellow from previous week presents cases, highlighting the challenges in clinical decision-making.
- Journal Club: Monthly critical evaluation of current literature presented by fellow.
- Literature Review: Monthly systematic review answering clinical question generated by presenting fellow.
- Consult Conference: Monthly case conference presented by consult fellow.
- Heart Failure Conference: Monthly faculty-led didactics covering breadth of advanced heart failure, transplant, MCS, and pulmonary hypertension.
- Cath Conference: Weekly conference focusing on angiograms, hemodynamics, and fundamental concepts in interventional cardiology.
- Echo Didactics: Twice-monthly conferences covering topics and interesting cases.
- Nuclear-Cath Correlation: Monthly case conference focusing on SPECT/PET/PYP imaging with angiographic correlations.
- EKG Conference: Monthly case-based EKG interpretation and board review led by EP faculty.
- CT/MRI Conference: Monthly faculty-led advanced imaging didactics focusing on interpretation, application, and new techniques.
- Cardiogenic Shock Conference: Monthly faculty-led quality improvement-based review of cardiogenic shock patients from previous month.
- Program Director’s Meeting: Bimonthly fellowship program check-in.
BACK TO TOP
Cardiovascular Medicine Grand Rounds is a monthly lecture conference sponsored by the AHN Cardiovascular Institute for continuing education purposes. Learn more about Cardiovascular Medicine Grand Rounds.
BACK TO TOP