At AHN, we deliver compassionate, comprehensive women’s health care at women’s health locations throughout the community. We make it easy to receive top-quality, highly skilled care without disrupting your busy life.
When you choose AHN, you can expect:
- Convenience: We want you to stay healthy, on your schedule. With more than 45 women’s health (OB-GYN) locations, 100 primary care locations and multiple women’s health centers throughout western Pennsylvania, it’s easy to find a primary care provider close to home.
- Collaboration: We coordinate every aspect of your health care by working closely with a team of psychiatrists, psychologists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, oncologists, pelvic floor therapists, sleep specialists, and other women’s health professionals. We strive to get you targeted, specialized appointments when you need them.
- Sophisticated facilities: We are committed to providing advanced, high-quality care close to home. Our new, nearly 10,000-square-foot women’s health center at Jefferson Hospital is a testament to that commitment.
- Woman-centric care: Our staff focuses on treating women’s health specifically. We know that women’s health issues manifest differently than men’s, and we tailor our prevention and treatment with a woman’s needs in mind.
Women’s bodies go through many stages over a lifetime. After childbirth, women’s health care needs change. Your hormones shift during menopause. Caring for children and aging parents can cause you extra stress. And as you age, it becomes even more important for you to maintain an active, healthy lifestyle.
Our OB-GYNs focus on preventive women’s health care to address every aspect of your well-being at midlife and beyond. If routine treatments are ineffective for common midlife symptoms and conditions, we offer specially trained providers for support and treatment. We also collaborate with other AHN experts for specialized care across disciplines for extra convenience.
At AHN, OB-GYNs coordinate care and treat:
- Menopausal symptoms, including severe hot flashes, night sweats, fatigue, and vaginal dryness
- Sexual and pelvic health, in coordination with our Center for Women’s Pelvic Health
- Stress, including menopause, anxiety, depression, and hormonal changes
- Sleep, including night sweats, hot flashes, and urinary incontinence — working with a sleep neurologist
- Gastrointestinal health, such as colonoscopies through our Functional Bowel Center and Center for Digestive Health
- Bone health, including osteoporosis, when the body loses bone with age
- Breast health, including mammograms
- Lifestyle support, including proper nutrition and exercise
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment to learn more about AHN women’s health services.