- Allegheny Valley Hospital Home
- Visitor Information
- Patient Information
- Our Specialties
- Our Doctors
- AVH PriorityCare
- Employment Opportunities
Patient & Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
A Patient & Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is a great way to engage patients and our community in improving the services we provide. Typically, these councils are comprised 50/50 of community members and hospital staff. The council meets quarterly to discuss issues relevant to patients navigating today’s healthcare environment as well as problem solve specific concerns brought forward by council members.
Allegheny Valley is a community hospital in every sense of the word. PFAC’s give communities a forum for voicing concerns regarding their community hospital. Learning from our patients through interactive PFAC councils provides valuable insight that will help us in many ways. Some of these benefits include:
- Improved quality and patient safety
- Improved financial performance
- Improved HCAHPS® scores
- Improved patient outcomes
- Enhanced market share and competitiveness
- Increased employee satisfaction and retention
- Improved integration of The Joint Commission standards relating to patient & family centered care.
AVH will hold the first PFAC meeting in March 2017. We are looking for AVH patients or their family members interested in playing an active role in improving quality, safety, and the patient experience.