When your body’s immune system attacks your own tissues and organs, it causes autoimmune diseases like Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Relapsing Polychondritis. At the Allegheny Health Network (AHN) Autoimmunity Institute, we care for people with autoimmune diseases like nowhere else in the world.
Our institute, located at West Penn Hospital in Bloomfield, offers several Centers of Excellence including those for Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis, with more to be launched in the near future. This designation shows our exceptional expertise in treating complex rheumatologic diseases. We use this expertise to provide accurate diagnoses and the latest treatments to give our patients maximum relief.
In our Autoimmunity Institute, we provide highly specialized care not available elsewhere in the region. We offer Centers of Excellence for both lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. This designation shows the high level of care we provide for diagnosis, treatment, and research.
Learn more about our exceptional care for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Rheumatology expertise: Our board-certified rheumatologists have decades of experience caring for people with complex rheumatologic diseases. And our lupus specialists are known around the world for their research in autoimmune heart disease. Their expertise helps you manage — and sometimes avoid — this cardiac complication.
- Precise diagnosis: Our physician-scientists have developed a blood test to improve the diagnosis of lupus and related autoimmune diseases. This test helps us quickly and accurately diagnose patients.
- Effective treatment: We offer the latest medication, injection, and infusion therapies to help you manage symptoms long term.
- Multidisciplinary care: Rheumatologic autoimmune disease affects every person differently. The unique setup of our institute allows you to see different autoimmune specialists in one place. They help you manage the different ways an autoimmune condition affects your body and mind. Often, you can conveniently see more than one specialist during a single visit.
At our institute, we are setting a new standard for autoimmune disease care. We are doing this through our:
- Team of 15 kinds of specialists who work together to manage every aspect of your health in one place
- Coordinated care that takes logistics, like your medical records, off your to-do list and puts them on ours
- A state-of-the-art facility that surrounds you in comfort and peacefulness with original photography portraying optimism, diversity, and racing toward a cure
- Convenient appointments where you can see different autoimmune specialists at the same time
- Advanced treatments, including the latest medications and infusion therapies that our physicians deliver in our on-site infusion suite
- Emotional support from behavioral health providers who help people overcome the challenges that often come with an autoimmune disease
- A focus on research from specialists who are committed to finding new treatments and ultimately a cure for rheumatologic disease
West Penn Hospital
4815 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Located in 250 Mellon Pavilion
Call (833) 242-8246 to learn more about AHN autoimmune services.