Established in 1969, the West Penn Burn Center is a national leader in innovative burn care. A valued resource for the community, the center treats more than 2,000 patients each year.
We deliver high quality, patient-focused, comprehensive care for both inpatient and outpatient treatments.
The West Penn Burn Center Mission
We aim to ensure the best possible functional and cosmetic outcomes for our patients. We work to do this as quickly as possible without compromising high quality care.
Our goals are:
- To be the region’s preeminent facility for the care of both adult and pediatric patients who sustain burn injuries
- To provide state-of-the-art clinical capabilities for the treatment of burn injuries
- To initiate research efforts that significantly improve the outcome of burn treatment
- To support comprehensive burn prevention programs
- To serve as the preferred site for graduate medical and surgical education for the management of both adult and pediatric burns
Why West Penn Burn Center?
Our patient-centered care starts as soon as you arrive:
- We triage patients with burn specialists and admit them directly to the Burn Center. This allows them to bypass the emergency room for faster, more efficient care
- We have specialized pediatric treatment programs to help children recover from burn injuries.
- We treat both physical and psychological injuries.
- Patients with burns, soft tissue disorders, and other non-healing wounds receive care from specialists with the latest surgical techniques, skin treatment procedures and products.
In addition to our philosophy and approach to care, we have been nationally verified by the American Burn Association and the American College of Surgeons to treat both pediatric and adult patients.