Part of the Allegheny Health Network (AHN), Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) in Pittsburgh is consistently recognized for high quality, patient safety, and patient satisfaction. You can feel confident receiving care at our nationally recognized medical center.
Our accomplishments include:
- Top 25 adult transplant programs in the U.S.
- Primary medical provider for orthopaedic and rehabilitation care for the Pittsburgh Pirates (Major League Baseball) and the Pittsburgh Riverhounds (professional soccer)
- Development of the first suture-less heart valve, an innovation that doubled patient survival in the U.S.
- First hospital in the region to be designated a Level 1 Trauma Center, the highest designation
- First LifeFlight aeromedical service in northeastern United States
- Home to the country’s largest American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)/American College of Radiology (ACR)-accredited program, and the only one in Pittsburgh
- Recipient of the American Heart Association’s (AHA) Get With The Guidelines® Heart Failure Achievement Awards Gold Plus and the AHA Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
Top hospital in western Pennsylvania* for patient safety in:
- Overall medical care
- Cardiac care and heart attack treatment
- Gallbladder removal
- Major neurosurgery
- Organ transplants
- Pulmonary care
Get Fast Facts about AGH and learn more about our services and achievements.
Call (412) DOCTORS (412) 362-8677 or request an appointment with a specialist at Allegheny General.
Allegheny General Hospital
320 East North Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212