Why Choose Us for Bone and Soft Tissue Cancer Treatment?
If you have been diagnosed with bone and soft tissue cancer (sarcoma), you are not alone. At Allegheny Health Network Cancer Institute, we are here to take care of you, supporting you the entire time. The top bone and soft tissue cancer experts provide an accurate diagnosis and a treatment plan specifically tailored to your needs.
Bone and soft tissue cancer: our approach to care
At the Cancer Institute, our patients come first. Our physicians, surgeons, oncologists, and researchers have devoted their careers to studying, diagnosing, and treating bone and soft tissue cancer. This exclusive focus gives us the knowledge to find the right treatment solution for you. We also offer robust support services, including support groups, electronic medical records, palliative care, and cancer genetics.
At AHN, you have access to:
- Patient-centered, responsive care: We present the best options to you and your family and listen to your feedback. You are involved in all of the decision making. The course of treatment that we use will be one you are comfortable with and that meets your situation and lifestyle.
- Advanced technology: We use leading-edge, minimally invasive tools to keep you comfortable during the diagnosis and staging process. We have an array of sophisticated surgical tools available for tumor removal. This technology allows us to use the most refined surgical approach possible so you experience less pain and recover faster.
- Expert opinions for complex diagnoses: You benefit from the expertise of the sarcoma experts at AHN as well as others in the region. At our biweekly sarcoma conference, all of our bone and soft tissue cancer specialists meet to develop treatment plans for patients with the most complex types of sarcomas. We also confer with other specialists from renowned hospitals, including West Virginia University Hospital, Marshall University Medical Center, Norton Healthcare, and Johns Hopkins Medicine. Together, we customize a treatment plan for you.
- Collaborative treatment: Multiple surgeons work together to effectively remove tumors while maintaining as much bone and tissue function as possible. Surgeons from these areas may contribute their expertise to your care:
- Thoracic surgery (surgery of the chest and lungs)
- Orthopedics (musculoskeletal system)
- Vascular (blood vessel) surgery
- Spine surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- A convenient, after hours clinic: AHN opened the first After Hours Oncology Clinic in western Pennsylvania for patients with cancer. If you experience side effects from treatment, call your physician’s office first, then visit our clinic, conveniently located at West Penn Hospital. You get prompt treatment without exposing your immune system to the germs you may encounter at a traditional emergency room. You also typically pay less than you would at an ER. And since our oncology specialists have access to your records, they may even be able to advise you over the phone and save you from making a trip.
- Clinical trials: You have access to a wide variety of breakthrough clinical trials. Learn more about our clinical trials program.
Bone and soft tissue cancer: diagnosis and treatment
Our team specializes in diagnosing and treating sarcomas, getting you an accurate diagnosis as quickly as possible. Learn more about diagnosing bone and soft tissue cancer.
Our skilled, passionate team works together to determine the best course of treatment for you. Find out more aboutbone and soft tissue cancer treatment.