Forbes Level 2 Trauma Center
You can't plan for a traumatic event like a car accident, fall, or shooting. But when you or a loved one is critically injured, the skilled team at Forbes Trauma Center is ready to help.
Trauma services at Forbes Hospital
Fast, effective medical care is key after a traumatic injury. At Forbes, we provide the care you need with:
- High-level trauma care: As the sole Level 2 Trauma Center in the eastern suburbs of Pittsburgh, Forbes is equipped to handle all types of traumatic injuries 24/7.
Dedicated team of experts: Our multidisciplinary team of trauma experts includes general surgeons and surgical experts in trauma, neurotrauma, orthopaedic, cardiothoracic, and obstetrics. We also partner with experts in dental, plastics, and cosmetic procedures. All these specialists work together to provide complete care for people who have multiple injuries.
- Specialized care for moms-to-be: Forbes is the only trauma center in the eastern suburbs of Pittsburgh with the expertise to provide complete around-the-clock trauma care for critically injured pregnant women. Our trauma team works with our obstetrical emergency team and Level 2 neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) to protect the health of mothers and their unborn children.
- Fast transportation: Allegheny Health Network's (AHN) LifeFlight emergency services were the first in the region to provide around-the-clock emergency medical transport. We get you to our trauma centers quickly.
- Prehospital services: The medical attention you receive on the way to the hospital is crucial to protecting your health. Our trauma specialists work closely with regional emergency medical and ambulance services to ensure that you receive immediate, appropriate treatment. Learn more about prehospital services at Forbes.
You receive follow-up care after your hospital discharge at the Forbes Trauma Clinic. We take appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 1:00 PM. The Trauma Clinic is located in Professional Office Building Two, Suite 304. Complimentary valet parking is available with wheelchair transportation to the clinic when needed.
Trauma clinic services include:
Trauma prevention and education
Forbes trauma experts host community-wide educational programs to increase awareness of traumatic accidents and help reduce preventable injuries. Our programs include:
- Stop the Bleed: This U.S. Department of Homeland Security initiative trains bystanders on how to help in an emergency situation, such as a mass shooting, before professional medical help arrives. To request a Stop the Bleed class, call (412) 359-6758.
- Fall prevention among the elderly
- Distracted and impaired driving prevention
- Community violence prevention and response