Endocrinology and Autoimmune Thyroid Disease
If your thyroid gland produces more or less hormone than it should, you may not feel like yourself. Feeling overtired and anxious are just two symptoms sometimes caused by autoimmune thyroid disorders. We can help.
At the Autoimmunity Institute, our team includes physicians who specialize in complex autoimmune thyroid conditions, such as Graves’ disease and Hashimoto’s disease. Get the medical expertise you need — from more than one specialist, if needed.
Specialized care for autoimmune thyroid disorders
When the body’s immune system attacks the thyroid gland (located in your neck), it can lead to an autoimmune disorder, such as:
- Graves’ disease (overactive thyroid)
- Hashimoto’s disease (underactive thyroid or autoimmune thyroiditis)
We use comprehensive blood tests and our physicians’ expertise to pinpoint the right diagnosis — the first step to relieving your symptoms. Medication can effectively treat many forms of autoimmune thyroid disease. Sometimes, no treatment is best.
Our specialists will sit down with you to explain the specifics of the condition as well as all your treatment options. If necessary, we will partner with you over the long term to track any changes in your thyroid function to improve your overall health.
A new approach to autoimmune thyroid disease care
We care for people with autoimmune diseases like nowhere else in the world. Autoimmune specialists from 15 different medical disciplines work together to provide you unmatched coordination for multiple autoimmune conditions. When you choose the Autoimmunity Institute for autoimmune thyroid care, you benefit from our:
- Skilled specialists, which include board-certified endocrinologists with particular expertise in autoimmune thyroid disorders, and physicians from 14 other specialties — all working together to address every way an autoimmune disorder affects your life
- Coordinated care where we help you manage the logistics of your health, from medical records to medication lists
- Updated facility, constructed around our unique “Huddle Hall” where you can comfortably and conveniently receive the highest level of care for an autoimmune thyroid disease
- Convenience since you can address multiple health concerns (or autoimmune conditions) in one centralized location
- Focus on research that ensures we are using (and developing) the most effective treatments for thyroid and other autoimmune conditions
West Penn Hospital
4815 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Located in 250 Mellon Pavilion
Call (833) 242-8246 to learn more about AHN autoimmune services.